View Single Post
Old 02-22-2018, 11:26 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Red1234

Originally Posted by HardLessons View Post
Red

I am sorry for your situation. Heroine addiction is extremely destructive.

My addict went from IV heroine use to methadone mostly in part as a smoke screen so she could get her daughter back. She had lost custody of her.

She has been on methadone for many years at a high daily dose. She is not working any type of recovery program. She mixes other drugs such as alcohol on a daily basis.

Methadone treatment for heroine addiction can be a good solution provided it is backed up by a solid plan & commitment to recovery.

However, without such a recovery commitment it can turn into substituting one dangerous drug for another. Today methadone abuse is rampant. Even without recovery, there are positive harm reduction factors which can be considered: no needle injections, quality control of the drug manufacturing, getting methadone at a clinic setting vs buying heroine from a drug dealer on the street.

I'm sure its difficult to see her frequently due to supervised visits for your son but try to stay focused on the fact that you are doing this for his safety.

Thanks
I want to go for sole custody right now... I mean I have it until the court stuff is over but after that idk what will happen. She is staying with this guy who she admitted she used with and wants a realationship with after they get sober. Which I highly doubt two addicts together can become sober. Should I wait and see how she does or go for the sole custody