View Single Post
Old 02-21-2018, 05:21 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Pickupthepieces

Methadone and alcohol are a deadly mix.

I am successfully 3 years clean and on methadone.

Yes, if your dose is too high you will get high off your medication. At the clinic they do a peak dose where they find the dose you are stable on. Meaning that you are not high and are not in withdrawal. They are also suppose to do regular dose evaluations. Where they have you dose then have an appointment with your doctor (at clinic). She will check pulse and check for withdrawal symptoms or symptoms your dose is too high.

Suboxone is usually done at methadone clinic as well and also is a deadly mix with alcohol. I would attempt to get her to tell you her counselors name (in normal conversations) so you can leave a message with her counselor stating her full name and that she is regularly drinking. Or call the clinic and ask to speak to the head counselor. Inform them you don't want any info you are calling to inform of a dangerous drug interaction. They wont give you any info about her per HIPPA law. State her full name and whatever she is taking with the methadone. She should be seeing a counselor it is a federal requirement. If they are not doing this report the clinic. Honestly, counseling is needed so if they aren't doing this they need to be shut down.

Methadone if taken correctly can be a way to recovery. It has completely brought my life back. Hope the best for both of you.