View Single Post
Old 02-20-2018, 04:25 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Mizzuno

Originally Posted by hummingbird1094 View Post
No this is not his first job. He is 23 and a college graduate with 2 degrees. It is his first longterm job and he sits at a desk all day.
He has suffered from anxiety and depression for years and self medicated with weed and alcohol. Tried anxiety pills but always drank with them.
I am very concerned. He lives 1700 miles away with his long term girlfriend who is planning to leave him.
She told us to be there when she leaves. I know he will crumble. He is not good now. He is calling a therapist today and his doctor for anxiety meds but when she leaves and takes the pets he will be so bad.
I don't know where to turn. He will be at his job a year next week so was holding on to maybe he can apply for FMLA and then we can get him into a hospital. She still will leave and when he gets out then what.
I do understand your concern and you should be concerned. Depression and anxiety can be debilitating. Does he think he needs to be hospitalized?

Is there a way for him to come home and regroup? Get in to therapy, a GP and have a support system of family around him?