View Single Post
Old 02-20-2018, 12:14 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
FreeOwl

Originally Posted by nova84 View Post
I saw this on the friends and family forum and it sounds like a great challenge to me. There may already be such a thread on the newcomers forum but if so I have never seen it. I have posted a link below of the original thread (hope it works). There's a suggestion that rather than taking a pic of something everyday you can just detail it in a post on the thread as this protects people's anonymity more.

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...one-tried.html (100 Happy Days - anyone tried it?)

So my happy moment for day #1 is our cat jumping on to our bed at 7am to say good morning after she heard my alarm go off because she knew we'd be awake 😼
I don't know if I've ever had 100 'happy days' in my life.... but I can say that I start every day with some "better thoughts".

I often feel a little glum or down. I find that starting out my mornings by acknowledging those feelings, but then moving my awareness to a 'better thought' - I adjust my outlook, my feelings, my readiness for the day.

Sometimes, it takes the form of a poem. Sometimes it's a journal entry. Sometimes it's just a short and personal conversation with myself.....

But it always helps.