View Single Post
Old 02-15-2018, 11:45 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Starsabove32

Holiday worries...

Hi

I'm going on holiday abroad soon with my partner. I am used to early morning rises for my work, and for the past four months I am trying to adjust to an alcohol free life. I have twice drank in this time (2 nights out), but soon got myself back on the straight and narrow and wish to continue that way. I have started loads of new activities and am enjoying them. However, I am constantly battling emotions of irritability and anger... Often at the simplest of things.

My partner on the other hand works in a bar and is used to late nights, and continues to drink and smoke.

We are away abroad for a week now on Monday. I'm slightly anxious at our differing body clocks... Like if he decides he can't sleep at night and wants to go out for beers, and I am left alone in the apartment :/ I am probably looking at biggest fears. Of course, I've discussed this with him and he said he won't. But I'm still anxious it will happen. I'm anxious as every other holiday has purely been alcohol related.

He said he will smoke weed, as he has found somewhere that does this. That still leaves me sober, with someone inebriated. I guess I'm worried I will give in and join. Or I'll be abandoned for alcohol. Or I'll be lumbered with someone drunk for most of the holiday.

Confused and fed up... And stressing about things that may never happen 🤔🤔