Old 02-15-2018, 01:02 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
16YearsDrunk

1 week done! The next milestone is 1 month.

In a few hours it will officially be 1 week since I touched alcohol. I'm proud of myself for getting this far and sticking to sobriety.

I've not had many issues aside from anger. I don't think about alcohol at all and I've not had any nagging cravings. The devil in me is saying "Hey, you didn't have an alcohol problem afterall so you can continue to drink". But my brain is saying "You drank daily for almost 16 years, you have a problem mate".

It's crazy how I skipped the nasty withdrawal side effects. I had/have agitation and mood swings but that's about it.

One thing that has really helped is exercise. I have a weight bench and equipment at home and I've been hitting the weights very hard this week to release anger. My muscles are in so much pain today lol, but I love it. I'm doing a 5x5 strength routine to increase strength and muscle. I've got 6 more weeks of this routine to keep me occupied.

Also drinking lots of water. I have never drank so much water in my life. I pee constantly. But my body is hydrated and it makes me feel good. I believe water helps with the withdrawal.

The only thing that hasn't improved is my ache. It's actually got worse. I have terrible cystic back acne that I assumed was a hormone imbalance related to drinking but I've had it worse this week than ever before so not sure what's going on there.

But here I am. 1 week in. Doing great! I would like to thank everyone on this forum for their support.