View Single Post
Old 02-14-2018, 12:56 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Harperlee4

Do I message him?

So it has been almost two weeks since my break up with my alcoholic boyfriend. He still has not apologised for the hurt he has caused me or taken any ownership whatsoever for his mishaps. I know that this is probably part of a built in defence mechanism to avoid feeling any further hurt than he already does yet until he can accept ownership of his mistakes and his problems I am not interested in hearing from him.

He was pretty good and laid off contact for a full week before messaging me via social media (presumably drunk) to tell me he missed me. I know he is hurting but I was so angry that I blocked him. I miss him too but that doesn’t make things better between us.

Of course though now I am stressing. I think it was the right decision to block him but should I send him a text explaining why? I don’t want him to take it the wrong way. I love him but at this stage I think we could both do with a bit of space. I know this sounds very contradictory. I don’t want to open up a dialogue at all but I just want him to undereatand that I don’t hate him. I don’t want to give him another excuse to feel hurt and continue to drown his sorrows with booze