View Single Post
Old 03-24-2003, 08:09 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  
lavendae

MG, thanks for your post. I read it this morning at work and it really started my day off well, knowing that someone else out there understood and cared enough to post a reply. I told my therapist today that I had finally written something on a PTSD-fellowship website, and she confirmed that its progress, and a new door opening in my life. I feel welcome here. Hopefully it will continue to help me open up a bit more. For years I denied that the domestic abuse and incest that I experienced had anything to do with anything. Now I know that it was just the denial, and fear talking, and that there are others like me. Thank you for that.

Stardust,
I too was on Xanex for about 4 years, for panic attacks. When I got sober I realized exactly how much I had depended on it, beacuse it worked for me, and at that time it was the only thing that worked. Unfortunatly, there is no one good solution-- I think each of has to try alot of things to see what works. I still have not yet addressed the idea of going back on medication for my panic attacks, but thankfully they've gotten 75% better over the last 2 1/2 years.
Just know that though medication helps, it isn't the only solution-- its just one of many tools that help us through things.
Also, its good to know I'm not the only "newbie"! Welcome!

Laven