View Single Post
Old 02-10-2018, 12:34 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
2muchpain

Originally Posted by 2muchpain View Post
Ya know Stewy, maybe you have not paid the heavy price for drinking yet. You continue to stick with your "plan" of spending more time with family and friends. Sounds like you are lucky to still have family and friends that will stick with you despite your drinking. I hope I'm wrong, but it sounds like the people that care about you don't see your drinking as a major problem. Maybe your drinking is not that bad yet. You talk about spending time with your daughter and friends despite your drinking problems. Maybe if you can still do that, than maybe you have not paid a price from your drinking. Maybe that's why you don't take your drinking seriously and consider outside help. I mean, why bother if your family and friends are ok with your drinking?
There is such a thing as a functional alcoholic and maybe that fits your situation. You get up, go to work, deal with family responsibilities, etc. I don't think you have found a reason to completely stop drinking. What I don't understand is why you ask for help here but never seriously consider it. Why ask for help if you don't really see a reason to change anything? I can see why you never respond to people's advice for rehab, etc. Your life is fine. You have people that support your drinking and are willing to accept your reasons for it.
No offense man, but I think you think you are smarter than the people here on SR and smarter than alcoholism and just like playing mind games here. Your ego is gonna turn out to be your biggest enemy and your downfall. If you really have a drinking problem, this game will eventually backfire. Happens every time. John
So, what are gonna do Stewy? You've turned down suggestions of AA, therapy, in or out patient help, pretty much anything that requires you to actually do something besides keep doing what you've been doing which obviously isn't working. What changes are you willing to make? I've noticed you never respond to suggestions to go to AA, etc. Why is that? If you see a reason to change, your not gonna change anything. John