Thread: Plod
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2018, 02:50 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  
Lindajean68

Hi Mandy! I've just read through your mini-blog here. You are doing a great job, and the writing really seems to be helping you! You are very brave with your honesty.

FYI - I've been sober for almost 18 months. I am using AA...but good for you for finding various methods that are helping you!

I can really relate to a lot of what you have shared about losing your dad. I lost mine 3 years ago. He had hospice at the end. I had the honor of being with him when he died. Life changing. The whole thing.

Originally Posted by mandypandy View Post
It's hard to talk about death or grieving in this society, as Kubler-Ross says once it was taken as part of life, something everyone was familiar with as they grew up, older relatives died at home, were laid out by their nearest and dearest, kids were allowed in on it all and allowed to see the grieving of grownups. So it was a natural part of life. Not so now. Everything packaged cleanly and nicely, swept under the carpet. The attitude of grown-ups of not "upsetting" the kids by letting them see them grieving the passing of someone they love. It's has become that if you talk about death and dying most people shy away, as they don't know how to react to death and grieving anymore
I just listened to a Ted talk related to your quote above....it was REALLY good. If I can find it...I'll let you know who it was!

Keep going! Love and light.