Thread: Plod
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2018, 05:00 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
mandypandy

nearly 1pm day 4

Hello fellow plodder Professor D Glad you are plodding on too.
Yes Ken, I can stop for a bit (although the time between binges got smaller and smaller, from a few weeks to a few days). Going like I have been I think I was a tiny step from a chronic alcoholic. I ALWAYS stop with the intention of it being for good, never again. But then do nothing else. I suppose there are fanatics in every activity, but I think you are right, people who can't find a balance.

Thanks 2ndhandrose, it has been lovely having your support An ex-plodder!

I went to AA last night. Mostly different people, but still nice.
Have slept 6 hours total in 3 nights, but not bothered about that, feeling tired and out of sorts is better than staggering around drunk for days and "coming to" and finding you have almost lost a week to a walking oblivion.

Have met (sort of) most of my goals that I set for each day. Still have my Kevin O'Hara you tube video to watch today. Have read some more of William Porters brilliant book "Alcohol Explained"
Did, not 2 hours of housework, but about 45 minutes. I wafted ineffectually about the kitchen, but got some dishes washed and made and ate my first real meal since I stopped drinking.
AA meeting tonight. Read some of my "Stop Procrastinating" book.
I'm tired now, so tired that if I sit still for long I nod off. But I am going to see my mother later as I have been disgracefully neglecting her. She has plenty of other people around her, but still feel bad about it.
Have been a bit tearful thinking about my dad the last couple of days. But just sad and missing him, not anxious and trapped in black thoughts.
Thanks about all to report so far.