View Single Post
Old 02-03-2018, 06:05 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Trohyn
Welsh member.

I hereby declare that I'm suspending my Stoicism for the next 2 hours to watch my beloved country play the game of the gods, with passion, determination and sublime skills. I will NOT:

1. Simply live and be grateful. I shall see glaring misdemeanour where the referee (who's probably on the opposition team payroll) indicates "play on". And I shall be simply furious.

2.Be accepting. Anything less than a dominant, magnificent display of flowing rugby by the Welsh should see them shackled in chains outside the town hall in Cardiff to be pelted with rotten fruit and be generally mocked mercilessly.

3. Be mindful and aware. I will be either wishing for the final whistle to hurry up or for time to slow down near the end of the game. Depending on the score.

4. Remember my priorities. I shall for the next 2 hours be defined as being a Welsh rugby supporter. I shall not have any sense of right or wrong other than everything that Wales does is right and everything else is wrong.

5. I am not alone. Well this bit is true. I am part of a community of proud, passionate, upstanding, friendly, decent people known as the Welsh.

6.Hope for the best, but prepare for the worst. There is no hope involved here. Wales WILL win.

7. Be humble. We'll, of course. That goes without question.

So in short:

Come on Wales.