View Single Post
Old 02-02-2018, 06:05 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Tommy0311

Alcohol and health anxiety

Hi all,

Going on two months of sobriety from alcohol. It's been an interesting ride thus far. Since quitting the booze, my health anxiety has been through the roof. My Dr.'s probably think i'm a nut because of all the testing they've done on me.

The final straw for my decision to quit was when i started getting crazy muscle spasms/twitches in my inner thigh. I thought to myself, well that's probably my body telling me to quit, so i did. Since that time i've had muscle cramps,spasms, weird sensations all over my body. Naturally, i went to google looking for answers. After getting my fair share of Dr. Google diagnosis's, i was in full health anxiety mode. I thought (still kinda do), i had every neurological disease/syndrome in the book.

In two months i've had multiple MRI's (all clean) and have seen a couple of PCP and Neurology Dr.s. While i'm still working with Neurology to find the root-cause, I wonder how much of my symptoms are caused by anxiety or maybe my body is just trying to recover from the alcohol.

Has anyone else had their anxiety give them chronic physical symptoms?

I wish our brains realized that we aren't cavemen and woman anymore. There is no sabertooth to run from. That the fight or flight response doesn't have to ride shotgun...