View Single Post
Old 01-31-2018, 08:52 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
mentor5959

Originally Posted by ScottFromWI View Post
I understand association quite well actually and have dealt with it as part of my life too, and I've sought out help from a professional for it. I personally tried to outsmart my addiction and "figure out" my problems for years. I also tried using alcohol to cure my anxiety issues but of course it eventually made them worse.

No one is here to argue with you or suggest that your problems are not real- we all have problems of some kind, some more severe than others.

We are a community of support for those who seek to quit using/abusing drugs/alcohol. And for someone in your situation, the best advice we can give you is to seek professional help. It would be irresponsible for anyone here to give you advice on how to taper or a psychological/neurological evaluation - which is in essence what you are asking for.

It seems clear that you and others are suggesting that I am making excesses to not stop drinking.

Good grief. Not everyone that is a heavy drinker craves the stuff or has a problem stopping. I have drank on and off over an entire lifetime with no issues stopping when I thought it wise intellectually.

One day it dawned on me that it had become to regular a habit so I decided to stop. I know from life experience that any substance, even simple caffeine should be tapered. So I did just that. Problems arose during this time and I wondered if there might be a relationship.

It's that simple.