View Single Post
Old 01-30-2018, 10:37 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Wholesome

Hopedeferred, at 6 months the mental obsession about drinking, or more specifically, how I wasn't drinking had cleared up, my cognitive abilities had significantly improved, as had my health, my relationships, my job, pretty much everything. But it just keeps getting better! I'm at 11 months right now and all of sudden my body healed, I used to have terrible allergies and I could not really lose weight even though I was trying. My allergies are GONE, I haven't taken a pill in weeks, and the weight has been falling off me. I think it was my liver. I think I was making myself way sicker than I allowed myself to believe, I mean I always knew, but I didn't really let myself know. All of my relationships are so much more intimate and real. I lost some friends over the last year, I found they were Beast friends, not best friends, but the ones I kept are the real deal. I found getting sober to be a very solitary experience, I've spent a lot of time alone, but I don't think that's a bad thing, I needed to get to know myself again, and to stick close to my family.

Give yourself this gift. Just never pick up another drink and pour it down your throat ever again. It really is that simple. And then give it time and put in the work to improving the areas of your life that you need to improve and get to work healing past traumas. We all have them.