Old 01-28-2018, 07:09 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Ken33xx

Originally Posted by Done4today View Post
I might not understand what atheism is because I am confused why an atheist can't use AA as a program of recovery. Or you can't go to a meeting that they read out of a book called "the Bible". AA is a recovery program that doesn't have any deities attached to it. And if you use the Bible as literature then there is some good philosophical ideas in it. I am by no means religious but I have no idea if there is a god but I know this world/planet/solar system has powers much greater than me. AA and the term god gives many of us alcoholics another reason to not embrace a recovery program. I hope you find a program that works for you.

True yet I do understand why some feel uncomfortable. I've spent time in various areas of the US going to meetings. Where I currently reside the Lords Prayer has closed every meeting and a roundabout mocking of those who do not believe in God is heard at times.

Which is the flip side where I was living before I heard organized religion particularly Christianity insulted at times.

Some members just can't keep their mouth shut and have to share their personal opinion about religion or politics during a meeting.