View Single Post
Old 01-28-2018, 01:40 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
lucy230

Unhappy Feeling hopeless...PLEASE HELP

Hi all

I have never posted on here so I am unsure about it all...let me try and give a short version of my issues

I won't go into everything just the past few events..

My sibling is an alcoholic, it has been extremely difficult. I cant deal with the lies anymore and the broken promises. They went to rehab recently and I felt like my prayers had been answered but he left early because they didn't like what they were saying to him (everything is everyone else's fault)

He has lied to me constantly, made me meet a sponsor (who was actually a drinking partner he found in the pub) Its just lies lies lies.

He is slowly killing my father, which is heartbreaking and their partner is close to leaving, which I don't blame them for. I am terrified I will have to deal with him my whole life. I feel like I cant live my life because I have to look after them.

I just feel hopeless. I don't think they want to change and will eventually drink themselves to death. I understand it is an illness but if I am understanding, they walk all over me and if I give tough love, they use it as an excuse to drink, claiming I stressed them out.

Thanks for reading