Old 01-27-2018, 06:11 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  
dwtbd
quat

Originally Posted by JeffreyAK View Post
Ten thousand posts on this forum, hundreds of books, countless articles, and any time at all spent in recovery groups, shows very clearly that this is absolute truth whether or not you wish to call it "AV". Once you've been an addict, you cannot go back, and you are indeed far more susceptible than others to becoming an addict all over again. I've never once heard a case of a former alcohol addict stopping and being able to go back to non-addictive drinking, and I thnk it's important for us to just accept and embrace this reality. We are more susceptible to addiction again, and much more susceptible than people who have never been addicts.
My comments to AleicB’s post were meant to highlight the erroneous idea that addiction is something you catch, like a cold, or are susceptible to as opposed to something you do to yourself.
As you point out recoveryism is rife with the idea that ‘addiction’ the abstraction is out there somewhere and can just come back at you.
I never meant to even imply more drinks , why did you you infer it?

The striking simplicity of making a BP is , obviously, almost universally confused with ease. Giving up booze is as simple as deciding to never put it in your mouth ever again. Denying the desire almost universally doesn’t feel easy and a possible solution to alleviating the ‘pain’ of abstinence is to indulge the desire, the AV.

I’ve seen thousands of posts here on SR where the Beast isn’t shut off from Its supply with obvious results, where people drink and then blame drinking for their problem of drinking. From those who drink to just try and stave off the effects of withdrawal to those who just can’t let go of the experience of the buzz. In all those instances future drinking will be the cause of future problems. They could ‘simply’ just ensure the future problems never arise, but try and explain that to anyone’s AV or in the face of the cultural AV, lol. You can’t , obviously ‘explain ‘ that to AV , as It isn’t an entity open to debate , It is just the voice of the desire for more booze.