View Single Post
Old 01-27-2018, 05:31 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
FeelingGreat
Sober since 10th April 2012

Giving up alcohol makes you face up to life without your go-to relief, so he's going through all sorts of mental turmoil anyway. Add the highly charged emotional content of AA meetings and interaction with fellow addicts who truly understand.

I don't think he needs to be having a mid-life crisis, or sex addiction as sobriety can be traumatic enough. That doesn't make it any more bearable for you.

What you've been through is brutal and life-changing so give yourself time and try not to expect too much in the early months. I have seen many posters go through this over the years, and they have all gradually recovered as the pain faded.

If you haven't already thought about it, legal advice is essential as early as you can. It doesn't mean instant divorce, but now he's (probably) sleeping with another woman you'll be shocked about how quickly he'll detach and money will become important. Get in while he still has some feelings of guilt.

I hope you can arrange counselling for you and the boys to get you through the next few months.