Thread: sick of failing
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2018, 08:17 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Hopedeferred

Day 2...with mini miracles!

Well got thru over 48 hours! Didn't get all I wanted to accomplished, but aside from 4 cups of coffee ate reasonably well and went running for 33 minutes, walked about 10 (walking with a hop is more like it as I'm so out of shape). Came home and remembered seeing a bottle of Irish cream that my husband had confiscated over Christmas, and having a headache went down stairs to "just use some as creamer," but thankfully it was empty! And this AFTER my daughter complimented me on running and said I should stop drinking to loose weight (she's 16 but said it very respectfully), and added, "but you're doing better than last year." Soooo glad that bottle was empty! I obviously have zero will power right now. Second miracle happened as I went to address of where a friend suggested there was a good meeting, but lights were out and there was none. Said a quick confession to God that I really just wanted to buy some wine & go rent a movie...but I looked up the AA list for my region and found another one less than 2 miles from where I was. But I got there like 35 min early, and again was thinking of bailing. But my dad called and while we were talking people starting coming into the church basement and I decided to give it a go. Was a good meeting...even got a number of another lady I connected to somewhat. The lead for the night read from the book "24 hours a day" which has an app for just $5.99 that I just downloaded. I'll add this to my daily reading as it is short and I need all the help I can get. Tomorrow I'll be traveling 45 min to another recommended meeting...so please pray that there is actually one going on when I get there and I don't weasel out! Again grateful for SR...grateful l have a God who is in the "second chance" as well as forgiveness business! And grateful for mini miracles that added up will keep me sober, one day at a time.