Thread: sick of failing
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2018, 07:51 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Hopedeferred

24 hours as of today

Hello all...several of you mentioned a plan...I think for me I have to cover all bases each and every day...worried I won't execute it just right then throw in the towel, but here it is:
1) Spiritual healing: for me, this means to be in the Word each day, even if just a few minutes. I have a 12-step devotional book called "Serenity" I'm using but also the Life Recovery Bible, which also focuses on the steps.
Physical healing: I've been ignoring my heal, eating poorly and not exercising...so at a minimum I need to walk my dogs twice a day for a total of at least 2 miles or 40 minutes. Every other day need to start some weight-bearing stuff too. And taking a multi, extra B, extra D, calcium & magnesium, and omega fatty acids or fish oil or ALA. I've weened myself off Ambien but will take melatonin instead, and maybe Benedryl if I really can't sleep.
3) Emotional healing: will stick with taking Wellbutrin daily at least thru winter. Need to journal everyday in some respect, either here or my personal one. Need to make a list of all negatives about drinking lest I "forget" yet again! Also the positive that will most definitely arise if I stay sober in the long run, along with some other possible benefits/changes that out of my control but who knows?
4) Mental healing: take one phrase that is a positive truth and dwell on it all day. At tonight's meeting someone stated a great way to get self respect back was to do respectful things...seems simple! But I can think of one thing each day that of doing something that may take extra effort but that I could feel good about. Also in this category I'll put going to more physical meetings...I'm scared about committing to 90 in 90 as I'm very introverted and the thought of having to see dozens of new strangers that will ask too many questions every day of the week feels daunting. But I need to give it a try. Plus the more on my plate, the busier I am, the more distracted the better, especially in next few days and weeks.
That's all I can think of now...ill look up the link I think you sent Dee and see what else I could do if the above doesn't work. I'm grateful to have found this group and will check in, hopefully every day, with at least a quick "count" of my sober days. Today is just 24 hours tho...I pray that's the last time I'll have to say that!

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Welcome back hopedeferred

A recovery action plan is a good thing to have - it could make this time different to all the others

check this link out maybe?

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...very-plan.html (What exactly is a recovery plan?)
D