Old 01-25-2018, 01:42 PM
  # 337 (permalink)  
Tiredofdrugs
RIP Maria

Originally Posted by treeguy24 View Post
Congrats on your sobriety TOD! I can relate to the struggle of opiate addiction. Glad to see you are doing well and not taking your sobriety for granted. Keep up the great work! 👍
Thank you treeguy!

Yes I'm serious about staying away from the opiates! I'll have four years this coming July off them. Other than December 2017 after I had oral surgery. I KNOW where just one pill will lead me and I don't want to ever be there again!

I've reamed my husband out royally whenever I find one of his pain pills laying around or a bottle of them is left where I see them. I've pleaded and begged with him to keep them out of this house. I don't want to take the chance on being in a bad place and coming across one due to his lack of consideration to my welfare.

Thankfully I have a determination to stay off them and I always take the pill or bottle of pills to him ASAP when I find them and tell him to put them away. The feeling we get from our DOC is laying dormant in our brains. Just one slip wakes it up. Ugh! I don't want to be there. It was hard enough back a year ago in December dealing with the feelings I was getting while taking them to stay out of pain. It wasn't easy.

TOD