View Single Post
Old 01-22-2018, 05:57 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
uncle holmes

Originally Posted by lola1987 View Post
Hello uncle holmes😀

I am actually in exactly the same predicament as you right now so I thought I must reply. I have been in my job for three years. I am sober a few months. My drinking wracked up due to my job and the stress of it. I am a childminder and to some there would seem no stress to this particular career. When in fact i find it extremely stressful. When I began my boss showed me the ropes. Drop offs collectings that sort of thing. Well that all ramped up pretty quickly. Soon I was going in to work at 7.00 am and not returning home until 8/9pm when I was only paid from 7-4pm. I never had the courage to speak out. I was doing the washing laundry 6school drop offs and collection to different schools daily all the house chores dinners after school clubs and so on I would be here all day explaining it. But I was so unhappy. Last week I found a new job. Today I told my boss I'm leaving that I cannot come back. So after tomorrow I will be gone. She hasn't taken it very well and my anxiety is through the roof. But I'm not a slave and I won't be treated as one. Iv been suffering urinary problems the past few months and I think it is stress related as they cannot find a cause. Go with ur heart. U deserve to be happy
Oh my gosh lola! That's awful what you had to go through! So glad to hear you finally made the change that you needed to make!