View Single Post
Old 01-22-2018, 07:40 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
SmallButMighty

More often then not they are drinking far more then we are aware of or what they will admit to. As much as they lie to us about it, I think they lie to themselves too. Such a horrendous disease.

I know of a lady who was married to an alcoholic. After he was hospitalized long term for a stroke he suffered directly related to his alcoholism, she was sitting on a big rock at the back of their acreage having a good cry. A neighbor man walking the back fence line stopped to talk to her, it was a small town in Canada and we all knew each other, he was inquiring about her husband's health and offering what support he could.During the course of the conversation he asked her if she'd see the "new" RV he had purchased. He told her that for years he had been picking up the beer cans and liquor bottles her husband had been tossing over the fence onto his property and returning them for recycling deposit refund. He saved up all that money ( .10c per can/bottle) and was able to help finance his new RV with the money he'd collected from her husband's habit of tossing his "evidence" onto someone else's property to deal with all the while "hiding" his drinking from his family.

I'm glad your home is a place of peace right now. Hang in there.

hugs