Old 01-20-2018, 12:46 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
sammymaguire

Zero I did not develop the type of alcoholism that comes with self medication. If you re going to jump on my thread at least read it first. This is what I wrote about self medication
.( Please remember that the link between alcoholism and bipolar is not understood yet. The medical profession have acknowledged that over and over again)

The dual diagnosis literature does not mention this. It keeps talking about self medication but I didnt self medicate. I became an overnight alkie as soon as i developed clinical depression/bipolar. I didnt have time to self medicate. It happened in a flash. Yes your brain chemistry really can change that quickly which is why alcohol is so dangerous. The docs dont mention this type of flash alcoholism when they are recommending 14 units of alcohol a week. Now the public thinks you have to be a heavy drinker to become an alcoholic. It is not true. Your brain chemistry can change in seconds and no one knows that better than me. I dont think the docs have a clue about alcoholism.