View Single Post
Old 01-20-2018, 01:32 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Lpg

Originally Posted by Ken33xx View Post
I'm going out tonight for dinner with some co-workers. As a group they will drink a couple of bottles of wine and go home. Which is the way I find most people drink. I've never seen them drink too much at a social function or come to work hungover.

Like it or not people like me just can't have a few. Not sure why that is. Maybe genetics. But if I were to have a few drinks at dinner I would be off to a bar later on. I just can't enjoy three or even four glasses of wine. It was never enough.

Like I suggested it might be related to genetics but once I start drinking I start pushing the envelop. I can never be sure how ****** up I am going to get.

So... what I have learned over the years (I'm 60) is that life can be complicated.

And for me to navigate through the ups/downs it is best that I don't drink or get stoned.
I have been so shocked watching people drink now that I'm sober. In my drunk mind I think everyone I was with was in the same condition as me, but watching now I am amazed that people actually sip drinks and only have a few and can go home (what the f?!?!) here was me hoping they wouldn't remember!
I think genetics is a huge thing 3 of my grandparents passed away from alcoholism related illness. And both parents drink regularly too. One in prison for a lengthy time from drug/alcohol induced crime. I don't want my life to turn out like this hence why I'm taking action now and doing the best I can.