View Single Post
Old 01-20-2018, 12:52 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Lpg

Originally Posted by Samartist View Post
Some of these stories are very inspiring. So I’ve been drinking everyday for about 10 years the longest time I’ve had off is 10 days and that was due to antibiotics and I would smoke weed as a semi-substitute.

I’m not trying to give up entirely at the moment because being honest with myself, I know that’s unrealistic, for now I just want to cut down. So, I’ve said to myself I will have a couple of drinks next Saturday (not get totally wasted). I’ve been sober for three days, this is day four (on two of those days, I smoked a little weed but really not a lot).

I’ve been feeling so strong and fantastic but now - I’ve hit a wall. And I’m just crying for no reason. What do I do!? Is it better to drink today then stop again? Like take it three days at a time to begin with? Or just ride it out? One minute I am fine, next, I feel rage or upset or deflated. It’s such a rollercoaster, I’m not sure what to do. I have so much I want to achieve and I feel like alcohol is just a BOULDER -in the way. I want to reach a point where I can enjoy a drink socially maybe twice a month but not drink at home for no reason but routine. Advice would be so appreciated x
Hey samartist

Cutting down is a good plan but an even better one is stopping completely. I didn't drink everyday but I drank every weekend all weekend and I can tell you even drinking a few days a week can be just as damaging, I used weed as a substitute through the week to hold of my binges as last year my drinking was out of control and I was drinking mid week too, but it meant when the days I was aloud to drink came in, I was more greedy and would drink as much as I can in as short a time as I can and make myself so unwell that I would have to miss work. Im learning that the WHEN WHERE HOW I drank doesn't matter, once I start I will not stop until my body is done.

Giving up is emotional and a roller-coaster and you may have hard days but you will also have AMAZING days and they make it all worth it. Move the boulder and acheive your goals.
Post here alot this page is wonderful and so much support it's been a game changer for me.
Lpg