Old 01-19-2018, 07:46 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Gottalife
12 Step Recovered Alcoholic

As a chronic alcoholic my day one consisted of quite a bit of action on my part. In the mornign I called the AA after hours line, it was a sunday. By lunch time someone had called me back and we arranged to meet that afternoon. I drove over to his place and spent the afternoon with a recovered alcoholic who gave me a good presentation of what AA is and is not, and helped me see the truth about my own situation. I agreed to meet him in town and attended my first meeting with him that night. I did not speak at the meeting, in fact I remeber very little about it excpet that there were some very kind people who were pleased to see me.

I decided I wanted what they had but I wasnt quite willing to do all that was required, so I slipped back into the alcoholic pit a few weeks later for what was to be my last bender. Back on day one, another sunday, and AA friend called because he had not seen me for a few days and wondered if I was OK. Somebody cared! this was a new experience too.

So I went back to AA that night with a new willingness, did what was required, recovered, and have had a great life ever since.