Thread: Go Fund Me??
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2018, 11:08 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Learning14

Originally Posted by thequest View Post
Some people including alcoholics and addicts look at money as a thing, a tool, an object, a pen etc. They do not look at it or appreciate money as a result of hard work including one's time and effort keeping it, working and sticking to a budget, prioritizing, shopping prices etc. It's nothing but a means to an end.
I am so very glad you said this...^^^^
Yes, I was accused by AF that I "worried too much" about finances. LOL I told him if sticking to a budget, watching where my money goes and still enjoying life is "worrying too much," then GUILTY as charged.

During one of his drunken binges, he said something about me being "perfect" and "cupons." (I guess he meant "coupons.") hahahahaha!!
Do I use coupons, shop sales, etc? ABSOLUTELY. Am I dependent on anyone else financially? No. Thanks for the compliment.

Originally Posted by thequest View Post
I've seen and tried helping people out by buying what they needed instead of giving them money and they complained, all but threw it back in others and my face.

They still rant about all the people and family that wouldn't help them out, not talking about lunch money either they resent several people that would not help them pay off well over $50,000 in debt.

As soon as I saw the Gofundme type sites I saw it as another form of solicitation just like many kids stand at a intersection collecting donations for their team-you hope.