Thread: A phonecall
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2018, 12:40 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Lpg

Originally Posted by Done4today View Post
Hey Lpg,

non-alcoholics have no understanding. Just like we don't understand why they wouldn't want to drink all the time since they can. As others have said, you know why you can't drink and that's all that matters.

It makes me laugh how people respond to us stopping. If we stopped doing drugs, smoking, or eating unhealthy, then we would be hearing praises and congratulatory comments. They don't get that drinking for us is death. And one of the worst ways to die, alone and in pain.
How annoying is it, I can't get over the responses iv had so far it really gets up my nose. And the people who have to keep asking 'have you had a drink YET' expecting failure. An older family friend actually said 'all you young ones are whimps these days' my eyes spin around in my skull Everytime. Hey ho I can't make people understand and I certainly won't be divulging info on it, I was tempted to tell them all I was going to aa but that would be stupid as I know people will just not understand. No doubt I'll be called a drama queen! I'm not doing it for them I'm doing it for me and that's all that matters.