Old 01-19-2018, 12:30 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
sammymaguire

Alcoholic drugs. The big 5. Have you tried one?

I am interested in researching drugs for alcoholism because I believe that alcoholics have brain chemistry problems, I found these 5. Are there more?

1 Baclofen. A French American doc called Olivier Amisen used this drug to blast through his addiction. He wrote a book about it called The end of my addiction. There are forums all over the internet set up to discuss this method. People with anxiety problems seem to be very interested in it.

2 Naltrexone An American dr called Dr Sinclair wrote a book about this drug. It is called The Sinclair method. Naltrexone is supposed to interfere with the high you get from alcohol. There are internet forums for this drug too.

3Topmirate. An American researcher called RJ jewell used a drug called topmiramate to beat her addiction. She wrote a book about it called My Way Out. She has her own internet forum.

4 Antabuse. Not for the faint hearted. It makes you sick if you drink.
No book that I know of. No forum that I know of.

5 Abilify/Abilify maintena injections. This is the drug that cured me. I started a thread about it called Why are the docs not talking about this? There is no book and no forum but there are little success stories dotted over the internet. Ps I might have bipolar. I am not sure how relevant that is. This drug is also an anti manic drug and an antipsychotic drug. Some people use it for tourettes too. There are no words to describe how much it changed my life. Abilify maintena injections

Have you tried a drug? If so which one did you prefer? Am I missing any?