View Single Post
Old 01-17-2018, 06:31 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Sephgato

This is hard but can be done

I have thought for years every morning that I should stop drinking. I did for a week and found that my favorite brew was out for the public....hopslam. While I may have failed in my attempt to quit cold turkey, I realized something....I don't like this anymore. I gave up booze while my wife was away and found each day was better without it. I stopped today to pick up a few six packs of my beloved hopslam to give to a coworker and one for myself. I have had 4. Epic fail but not entirely. I had them and chewed while I did but found them to be gross these days. You see, I want to quit beer and chew. I had for a week. These would be seen as a set back to some but a reaffirmation that I am done. I liked the taste of my old friends but realized we have moved apart. I don't see this as a failure so much as I really do see this as me ready to move on. Before I touched them I had meaningful family time, then I sat in the bath having a few. Most were poured out. Because of this site I am a changed person, I no longer have my bond with beer. Yes I drank a few and chewed but have felt so good the last 5 days that I know I am done with this. Good luck to you all, this is a will over want thing to me. I will continue to read the writings here but know I found freedom from this site. Thank you all as I see nothing but sobriety in my future.