Old 01-17-2018, 02:17 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Ken33xx

Originally Posted by faith823 View Post
This is a great thread. I agree. I put down the drink and a day at a time
If I stay sober it is a positive action in the right direction. I have done so much damage while drinking. Not only was I doing nothing while drinking I was reversing any good fortune I had achieved. 23 Days today and I am slowly building back a semblance of my life. Down days are good for rest and restoration as someone mentioned. I will think of it this way as opposed my life is boring, I am a slug, I will never get a job, I will never have fun again, I will be shut up in a bedroom at my parents forever..... etc.etc. Putting down the drink has made a big difference
with the feelings inside of me.
This post also reminds me of my very first sponsor in AA. I would call and advise her of all the trials and tribulations and frustrations I had experience during the day. And she would respond "Did you drink today?" I would say no. And she would reply "You are a miracle today".
It took me awhile I realized she was 100 per cent right.

thanks

2006-2009 was a rough time for me financially. I was told basically the same thing, "Did you pick up a drink today?" No, well you're doing alright then."

Which is true because no matter how I spin things I can never fool myself into thinking life isn't much better today regardless of my "quality problems"