View Single Post
Old 01-16-2018, 08:24 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Fusion

Originally Posted by Sohard View Post
Quick question: Does anyone get to the point where they simply stop thinking about alcohol.? I'm just sick to death of thinking about it. I'm not talking about cravings, I'm talking about the general subject of alcohol. I go on SR and read about it because I think it prevents me from drinking, but I'm also bored out of my skull with the topic. I want to be a normal non-drinker, but I'd also like to be normal not thinking about the damn topic all the time. Just wondering.
I’m only just over one year and four months sober, after twenty years drinking every single day, the last five of which, sadly, started by drinking in the morning.

Happily, after stopping drinking, the ONLY time (almost, I did have a sneaky AV thought at the pub, post choir singing on Christmas Eve, then before that last summer, whilst sailing, oh and the inbetween one, when celebrating ) but they’re just habituated neural pathway loops!

Sorry, lost my track...but the only time ‘I’ think about drinking, is when I read and post on SR, and I hope that others, like me, and other SRers can put the AV forvever, in the rear- view mirror.