Old 01-14-2018, 01:48 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Greenwood618

Originally Posted by dwtbd View Post
"Yes , I can stop drinking and not ever drink again, if I apply the method of stopping and never starting again " ?
This is a point I have hoping to have the chance to make for some time now.

The obsession with "method" and "technique" is not limited to overcoming addiction.

Is it embedded in human life now, part of the Collective AV with respect to most all human endeavors.

It is the collective voice that says "you were not born with the equipment as a live born human being required to successfully navigate life. You need training manuals on:

Love, relationships, food, house cleaning, child rearing, your inner child, your child's outer behavior, your co-dependent parents, your codeine dependence, how to be independent.

Etc.

No, in fact, life is so difficult and perilous you require lots of help. Books written by gurus on every aspect of behavior. Psychotherapy, psychology, drug therapy, group therapy. You are defective and cannot be trusted to aid yourself. You are sick. Your disease is humanity."

This is the Collective AV writ large. You are incapable of doing anything without a sanctioned, lab-tested, scientist-approved, village-applauded, Oprah-authored Capital M "Method."

To which I say, we need to grow up, or we will cede all of our autonomy to authorities deemed greater than us.