View Single Post
Old 01-12-2018, 05:52 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
EliL

Not quite a decade yet but think you might want to be asking people around or less than decade as getting sober was very different decades ago.

Anyway for me AA, counselling, therapy, Antabuse, docs, anti depressants, lots of changes, spirituality, lots of reading, movies, music, so on. All this kept me sober.

What got me sober? Alcohol stopped working; I went out bought some alcohol, threw it away, did the same a couple of hours later, then third time thought f*** it and cracked open the bottle of wine to start, after wgat I thought was one glass worths whilst watching a movie I had finished the bottle and nothing, no buzz. So cracked open beer, nothing! Thought to myself now I am really f***ed, went to bed in tears. Knew the next morning it wasn’t working anymore, so what now? Top myself or do diverging I don’t want to do! Saw addiction counsellor that day and walked into AA meeting the next. So long and short if it did I want to die basically, but not like the usual i might have fatty liver fear, or the like I mean stark choice die or not. Had to get to that hope you don’t.