Old 01-11-2018, 12:28 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Fiona224

For those of you experienced with 12-steps

I really think AA/NA may be the only way I can hope to attain sobriety. I have gone to meetings on and off over the years, and I have a library full of the literature.

For those of you who have managed to get clean this way - can you tell me honestly if there is any hope of it working if I am unable to attend meetings every day, or even more than twice a week?

Maybe this is an excuse, I don't know but it certainly doesn't feel like one. I have two young children, two jobs and an unsupportive spouse. There is a meeting I can get to on Fridays at noon, and with acrobatics I think I can probably manage another one, but that is literally all I can do. My town doesn't have meetings with childcare.

I'm not trying to make excuses, but I can't lose my jobs or leave my kids alone. The stress on my marriage is already something I've used to justify drinking/using, and I'm too early in the process to know how to manage that stress any other way. But how can I learn another way? I've heard that there are online meetings - do those work? Do you recommend them?

Thank you!