Old 01-11-2018, 06:18 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
MLD51
Giving up is NOT an option.

I'm in! Thanks for the great OP, Gilmer!

I felt overwhelmed at first at the idea that I would have to find other things to do with my time. Then I tried a few things I thought would be good hobbies, and got bored with them before I gave them a real chance. Or gave up when I thought I "wasn't doing it right." So I walked. I can do that right, surely. I started hiking a lot more. It was just what I needed in the early days, when I did not have a full-time job. Well now I have a full-time job, and that takes up a ton of time. I still have time to do a few fun things here and there, but I'm generally so busy with the job, keeping the house reasonable, putting food on the table, and now, college classes, that I never feel antsy or bored. I don't have time to drink! And I'm not doing anything extraordinary, just living. But I love it. I don't know if I'm creating any beauty that anyone else can see or care about, but I think it's beautiful that I have a (mostly) orderly life, and I do the right things, day after day. For me, right now, that's enough. When I retire I'll have to come up with stuff to do, but I have several ideas and if all else fails, I'll hike even more!