View Single Post
Old 01-09-2018, 01:44 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Sunflowerlife

I understand how you feel- I am having a hard time at 8 months sober, trying to figure out how to have fun doing the things I used to do drunk. Then I remembered that there are things, talents I have that never came from the alcohol. What were your hobbies as a child? What were you drawn to? For me it was music and art.
I wonder if you could go back to doing an activity you did as a child- I believe when we are young and innocent our true gifts are easier to discover as we don't really over analyze or put much thought into it- we just go out and play.

Have you ever been to a trampoline park? I take my kids and I can tell you it's one of the most enjoyable experiences most likely because I going off of childhood play again- I laugh, smile like a crazy person jumping around while the other parents sit and watch their kids jump.
Go out and try something new- or again think back to your past as rediscover a talent you let go of or a game you used to play when you were little.

And I totally agree with Mindful Man that once we stop drinking we are left with a lot of things to sort through. Maybe you are feeling some unresolved emotions that could use healing? I know I am going through that right now. Lots of them. I think this takes more than 8 months, more than a year to figure out how to live life without drugs or alcohol and have fun. Maybe you just need to give yourself more time.