View Single Post
Old 01-09-2018, 01:19 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  
AlericB

Trohyn,

There is only one BP but the wording of it may differ if that makes it more meaningful to you. It must however be watertight and allow no possibility of you ever drinking again without clearly knowing that you had consciously chosen to break your BP and so never really meant it when you made it.

My BP is "I will never drink again in the present moment, and I will never change my mind". This is an alternative wording that is suggested in the New Cure book and which I like because any time in which I could possibly drink may be in the future now but would be the present moment if I ever did drink. This helps me realise that if I am capable of not drink now, which I obviously am, then I am capable of not drinking then, whenever then may be.

I keep the "never change my mind" bit in because although IMO it's not logically necessary - if I am never going to drink again then I will necessarily never change my mind - it helps me to realize that the only way I could ever drink again would be if I chose to change my mind - I would not be able to blame it on a slip or relapse for example.