View Single Post
Old 01-07-2018, 07:23 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
ReadyAtLast

Please see your doctor and be honest with them. they will have come across this before. this is something we can't 'control'. it's not a case of learning to control our drinking. We have to stop. Time and keeping drinking are not an option for you. Please seek help.

Doctors will know when your baby is born if it suffers from FAS and there is a real chance they will remove the baby from you unless you seek help and show that you are getting help for your problem. You will never forgive yourself if your baby has FAS. Other FAS symptoms may not show themselves for years.

You say you drank a bottle of vodka and you write as though you didn't know you had so assuming you blacked out. there is a real risk of miscarriage or stillbirth too if you keep drinking which is just horrendous. you clearly can't do this alone so please seek help. What is worse - fear of people maybe looking at you for seeking help or having a mentallly and physically damaged baby caused by your actions.

I don't think stories of oh I had a drink and my baby was fine are helpful as give false hope. Seriously don't think anyone thinks a baby can drink a bottle of vodka and be ok.

I know it is a very emotive subject and hope you stick around here but get real f2f help too.