Old 01-06-2018, 10:17 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
ScottFromWI
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by PennyLane76 View Post
Don't kill me but I'm a bit jealous of the cold. I have no idea what's it's like living in it but having 4 actual seasons is very attractive to me! I've been in 15 to 20ish degrees and comfortable, but never more than a week!

Everyone thinks I'm wacked wanting to move out of "perfect" weather but perfect in any way is overrated, IMO. With you in spirit!
There's cold and then there's COLD ;-) When it gets as cold as it was this morning here you start having problems like underground sewer and water pipes freezing, natural gas distribution equipment failing, etc. We've had several deaths across the state due to the cold too - some elderly people living on their own that fell and froze to death, homeless people dying of hypothermia, etc.

Granted, being this cold for this long isn't common, and when the temps are above zero winter is fun - snow sports and things are a great time. But this is no fun whatsoever ;-) I couldn't even get my garage door open this morning because the hinges were so cold that the opener kept thinking something was obstructing the door.