Thread: Hello!
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2018, 10:13 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
WinterThunder

Originally Posted by fini View Post
welcome, Winter Thunder, and congratulations on your ongoing sobriety and coming out from lurking.

I do struggle with guilt, embarrassment, shame and intense regret. I'm hoping that will work itself out in time.
that is a nice hope, and i had that hope, also, when starting on this journey. and then found that it did not work itself out but that i actually had to do some things, fix what i could, make some restitutions, have a bunch of conversations....you've been lurking, so will likely have read about some of the different ways people have addressed these issues, or not.
I understand what you are referring to.

The largest regret I have is lost time and missed opportunities. This is something I am trying to work out on my own. If I cannot, I will try therapy. At the end of the day I can only move forward and try to make the best decisions and stay sober.

As far as other people are concerned, for personal and professional reasons, I am not going to broadcast my sobriety or that I had a drinking problem (although I am certain that was evident to quite a few folks).

I will make amends and have discussions quietly when I can. I have asked for forgiveness and had conversations with the most important people.

I do appreciate the feedback and really appreciate these message boards.