View Single Post
Old 01-05-2018, 03:55 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Lonewolf22

Originally Posted by TYG2 View Post
Well lonewolf you're in the right place here. I only have 8 sober days but I've felt just like you do probably fifty times. The anxiety of 'not knowing' is almost unbearable. Then the good old imagining starts...it's hell. Thank God you are alive and safe. Until the hangover is gone try not to dwell on the unknown. Take care of yourself. You've decided to quit. Right on! Once you've got that alcohol out your system you'll feel better each day. (This I needed to hear this over and over) luckily there is no shortage of great people on this site to help us. Point is I have been in your shoes way too many times. I binged on Netflix. Time...just time. Best of luck!
Good on you TY, good to know you are on the path forward
Yeah once the alcohol effects die down the dwelling on what has happened on nights of drinking seem to lessen too and I'm able to focus more on being practical. I think once you are sober the difficulty is the flashbacks and the reaction to think of picking up a drink but in comparison, I'd rather this than the constant torture of the morning after feeling, it's pure hell.

All the best on your recovery, have you seen the film 'Wild ' on Netflix yet? I thoroughly enjoyed it. That is about one woman's recovery.