View Single Post
Old 01-04-2018, 11:59 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Magpie82

Hi guys! It just so happened the 8 week live MBSR class up here started tonight- It was actually the intro class so week one is next week. Like I said, I took it a couple years ago but I decided to go ahead and take it again. I know I’ll get so much more out of it sober. If it’s okay, I want to keep in touch here throughout, even though I’ll be a week behind. I’ll have so much more in common with others in recovery here- maybe share similar experiences. There are 35-40 people in the class from all walks.

I hope everyone is enjoying the online course. I found that it was really important for me to make the time for practice- it took me a while to catch on to that while drinking. I still do the body scan before bed sometimes. After a while when focusing attention especially on my digits, I found they heat up. Strange! Best not to dwell on that I guess though. Defeats the purpose.

Another quick thing- I just watched a documentary called Mindfulness: Be Happy Now- Thich Nhat Hahn was featured. It was very good. Found it on Amazon Prime video if any of you have that...

Okay, well happy meditation!