View Single Post
Old 01-03-2018, 04:42 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Talkinandwalkin

Vacation Anxiety

I have a situation I cannot explain that has me really scared. My hobby is travelling and I enjoy architecture, art and different cultures. During my last trip I went to Europe to tour several cities. One night when I started having anxiety over details of my trip it spiraled out of control. I started worrying I had scheduled my return flight for the correct day. After I verified the date was correct I started getting nervous that I had the correct airport. After I verified the airport I started getting nervous that I booked the hotel in the correct city that was next on my itinerary. It was absolutely soul crushing anxiety. I could not sleep the rest of the night and was on the verge of tears.
It is completely inexplicable. Even though I realized I was completely bat **** crazy I could not stop it. I am 6' tall and 200 lbs and I was crying in a hotel room over nothing. Here is the thing, the trip was absolutely perfect in reality and nothing went wrong. Every night the rest of my trip I had a variation of this until I returned to North America. Then it stopped. Has anyone had any issues such as this?