View Single Post
Old 01-03-2018, 12:42 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
SoberCAH

Originally Posted by SickInLove View Post
Thank you! I know now that going to a show on NYE was probably not the best idea at all. I think being a mom I was just so excited to get out of the house for once on NYE, it was my first in 7 years. Now thinking back on it I should have taken advantage of having a over night babysitter and done something more relaxing and gotten some sleep. Instead of going to see alkaline trio who are known for their drinking songs and having a pretty drunk crowd haha.
I listen to a fair amount of music in which alcohol, drugs, consequences and recovery are topics.

But I wouldn't start out doing that early on.

When I hear those songs, it reminds me of another time when my life was in shambles as a result of doing those things.

They remind me of places that I no longer wish to be.

I'm 60 years old and barroom fights and strip joints are not the kind of thing most people my age want to participate in.

Nor are getting arrested, constantly having landlord, spouse, boss and financial problems.

I have the scars from all of them, but they seem like a lifetime ago.

So listening to songs about drinking, drugging etc. is like listening to songs about things which apply to other people, at least these days they do.