Thread: Im a Fun Bobby
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2018, 01:37 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Berrybean

Yeah, I always believed the old wittier-prettier-tittier stuff as well. Once i got sober and worked on my recovery I started finding more acceptance of the quieter sober me. Sure, in some of my old circles and hang-outs that quieter me felt out of place.

Nowadays though I don't worry about being a chameleon - changing and putting on an appropriate act depending on where I am or who with. I am who I am. If others don't like it, that's fine. I don't owe it to anyone to be their free stand-up entertainment.

Before I thought that I liked parties - as long as I was drunk.
I could do bar-stood shenanigans - as long as I was drunk
I could project and act that WPT person - as long as I was drunk

But if I needed to be drunk to do those things, chances are that wasnt the real me. The quiet, contemplative, sensitive and quite shy person inside, really did not like those things. So now, I dont do those things. Simples. And that quiet, contemplative, sensitive person isn't so shy any more. She's flourishing, and walking to the beat of her own drum. And if anyone want wittier, prettier and tittier then they can go get drunk and watch themselves in the mirror. I owe no one anything. But I owe it to my true self to have some self-love enough to let my real self 'be' and 'live'. To accept myself, just as I would do a child who was less precocious.

I don't miss that wittier-prettier-tittier person any more. She wasn't real.

BB