View Single Post
Old 01-02-2018, 12:33 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Cakespectre999

On a very long road

Right here it goes a long story compressed as short as possible + I am now 45 male a Roofer who has been off work due to health / addiction issues for a good while.
I was a heavy drinker for years over 20 + also into drugs but the so called designer ie amphetamines, Ecstasy, cocaine, acid, ketamine, used to go out clubbing on the English Dance scene in the late 1980s early 1990s
As the years progressed my drinking got worse Heavier out every night after work our all weekends none stop Friday afternoon till midnight Sunday then work at 6am Monday did it for years now I look back how in the hell did I do it also doing drugs as well
Relationships with family & different girlfriends suffered obviously I was selfish & self centred choosing to go out with my mates over anyone else
When the year 2000 arrived I was a mess it had caught up with me only I could not see it everyone else could so I carried on regardless I lost friends who died from drink & drugs but carried on in the summer my boss who was also a good friend said I've got to let you go for your own safety you need help sort yourself out then comeback so I lost my job
I had been drinking before work but just to stop.the DT's it levelled me out I had been a highly functioning Alcoholic for months but I didn't know it
So my drinking carried on finally in September 2001 I went into a Detox unit but lasted a week would not admit my alcohol problems would not say I was an alcoholic so left at that time my body was in pain from work related damage I was prescribed Tramadol 1st of another problem anyhow I calmed down a bit as they had given me librium in there an detoxed me so I drank less for awhile but soon was back to it
By Christmas 2000 I was worse in February 2001 I was back in detox the nurse who came & got me said if I hadn't been basically been dragged in I wouldn't have seen my birthday in April I was 8 & half stone in a real bad way this time I admitted I was powerless to alcohol & I admitted I was an alcoholic I stayed for a month got well then came out did good went back to work but I had been put on Anti depressants & Diazepam ie valium plus my tramadol to also temazepam/ nitrezepam so I came out on loads of Benzodiazepines which at that time I wasn't clued up on again I fell of the wagon after 8 months but not bad for someone like me this cycle went on for years in & out of Detox also did 2 Rehabs
Then finally on 23rd july 2007 at 2pm I had my last drink of vodka that was at home I had finally had enough I finally stopped days months went by then a year I had done it been sober ever since except for 3 falling off the wagon but each 1 only lasted for 2 days but they are only blips
I found out in January 2015 that I have Cirrhosis of my liver which knocked me for six but I suppose it's to be expected I have nerve damage in my legs due to drinking on morphine due to pain also still on tramadol it's the addiction to tramadol that worrys me I live in England what help is there for Prescription Addiction sorry if I waffled on 😊😊👍👍