View Single Post
Old 01-01-2018, 04:03 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Canuckleman45

So........2018 now eh?

Happy New Year everybody.

Its around 4 am here and I am on here. Wife and kiddos are sleeping. Not like my dumbass. This time is my time to think, reflect etc. Especially when I'm sober which I am. Today should be a good day, we have a family dinner to attend which will be awesome. no heavy drinkers at all. So thats cool. 2018 is going to be a good one me thinks. I found this site when I was in a very dark place, and I came out of that place because of you fine people. For that, thank you. Ive had my slip ups, relapses, whatever we want to call them and everytime this happens it makes me want to get sober even more. I can't believe how hard it is to achieve sobriety. Just the other day My wife and I were chatting about it. She doesn't understand the struggle, which is ok. But she reminded me of the time I decided to quit smoking. 20 years ago I lit a ciggy, then promptly thew it out along with the rest of the pack. DONE!!!!! She was with me that great day. Now she says do the same with the alcohol. Easier said than done I said. I read a post a day or so ago about ACCEPTING the fact booze can't be a part of your life. It really slammed home with me. Yes I'm an Alcoholic, yes I drink way to much. I accept the fact that to be successful in recovery alcohol cannot be a part of my life.

2018 is going to be a good year though. I feel it buddies!!!! Oddly enough I never drink or get drunk on NYE so I can't say anything about that. I always drive and get people home safely. Weird eh? Thats a whole different post though LOLOLOLOL. Have a good day y'all.